Saturday, June 16, 2012

Magnetism

 It wasn't too long ago that I wrote about Mugi and her chewing habit. Well, she's a little bit crazier than all that and I thought I'd update tonight (again, it's two AM and I didn't want to not update) with a story of her silliness. My younger sister, we're five years apart, showed up for a weekend visit earlier this afternoon and normally these visits aren't too stressful and this one, well, it's only stressful at the beginning when my toddler half-sister is here. She's notorious for picking up my cat in the strangest fashions and today was no exception. I wasn't surprised when she walked into the room carrying Mugi upside down, cat butt up in her face. 


Unfortunately, this story isn't about cat butts and toddlers carrying cat's the wrong way. It is, however, about much greater things that are entertaining and hilarious. 


My sister, once she's here and it's just the two of us, sets up her computer in the corner of the room next to the kitchen where she spends most of her time when we aren't out checking the mail, watching movies or whatever there is to do in this apartment. Mostly, we send pictures of memes or trolling things back and forth until it's time to go to bed while watching TV. Tonight consisted of the same things as well as marathons of Say Yes to the Dress, Hey Arnold, Rugrats and a dash of Psych to finish off our beautiful cake of TV shows. 


At that moment in time, we had Mugi out and she was harassing my sister, Ashley is about ten times more interesting in the corner than I am on the bed in the other far corner. Mugi's favorite hangouts are either, on my bed (not when Ashley is here), behind the fridge or in the corner where Ashley is occupied for the remainder of the long weekend ahead of us. In Mugi's mind, Ashley is the most entertaining toy I could bestow upon her, it moves, screams OHMYGAH and turns the vacuum on and off which also gets Mugi going. So long as the little ball of fluff isn't harassing me, I'm happy. All of this is just amazing to a kitten who otherwise doesn't have any friends at the moment.


Things are hilarious when this happens. Before my boyfriend got on skype with me, things were crazy and entertaining. Mugi, so long as she wasn't chewing on anything, was fun to watch as she flew around the room and tiptoed with her back arched and fur on her tail, frayed. Trust me, if I had pictures, I would post them but this is what she looked like. 


Yeah, and she tiptoed around the room or would tiptoe and then jump and fly away into the kitchen, harassing an innocent walmart bag in her wake of, I don't know if it can be considered fear, but I think it was somewhere between fear and pure hyperactivity. My sister, like the walmart bag, was a target for this hyper rampage and, like a ninja, my cat would appear out of nowhere, jump and lightly touch Ashley and then run away like a lightening bolt of fuzz on a catnip high. Ash and I could not contain our laughter as Mugi darted from one point to another and back again, this only became more hilarious when my cat magnetized herself to whatever she ran into. Like static cling, Mugi attached herself to Ashley's arm and flew backwards as if being forced away by energies that the two of us can't see. At one point I recall holding her in my hands and looking into her wide, yellow eyes and saying, "Mugi, what do your cat eyes see?!" 


I'm certain she sees ghosts or gnomes... trolls, whatever the heck cats are tormented with, she saw it and flew out of my hands again. After a trip to the kitchen I watched as she flew, like a strong magnet, to my sister and clung to her boob. I've never seen a cat grope someone before but this was the most awkward of sights. It's hard to imagine a cat flying into a person and sticking like glue, unmovable, in shock. Neither of us knew what to say and couldn't stop laughing for the next five minutes. Just like that, as quickly as she was forced towards my sister, she vanished into the kitchen again as if it never happened. I'm not sure if I should be worried about this or not, I don't think she's a pervert.


I can't tell if she's the smartest cat ever or the stupidest, but she's something and I love her anyway. Either way, my sister only has one comment to make on this story and it's that she, "Can't wait to play with her tomorrow!" 


Ashley is forgiving and unfazed by this horrifying attack.


Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment