Tuesday, June 12, 2012

9 Lives to Live

So today I got a box in the mail.
Wait, that's too simple isn't it? Let's start from the beginning. A couple of weeks ago I got a beautiful kitten named Mugi, she's a domestic tabby and has proved to be a bit of a pain in the butt. I love her to death but she makes me pull my hair out.


Mugi, her second day home!
Once she got used to her surroundings, she decided it was time to test some new 'toys'. Behind the TV, she spotted a good bunch of wires and decided to sink her teeth into them. This has caused me a lot of stress, I'm not really in a good place to replace Ethernet cables, chargers and whatnot so I had to come up with some sort of solution. My best friend suggested a brand of spray that makes everything bitter tasting and the boyfriend bought it right away.


Today the box came in the mail, but that's still too soon! I walked out today to check the mail and low and behold there is a little pink note telling me once again (yes, this has happened before) that the mail people 'missed me' even though I'm home twenty-four hours and seven days a week. 
Before I go on, let me tell you the logistics of my apartment complex. I'm ground level and it only takes maybe seven steps to reach the mail box. USPS refuses to walk this short distance to knock on my door instead telling me to go pick it up from the office. Okay, that's fine, I'm not a lazy person and I can trudge uphill in eighty degree weather. I've decided to leave a note on my box letting them know this, I want them to walk all the way up there next time. 


So, I walk all the way up there and pick up the package which hasn't been marked with my apartment number yet (took a while to find) and after talking to the office ladies, I leave. After coming home I examine said spray and I am really happy, I can finally break this stupid streak of my cat being an idiot and chewing wires. Careful not to get this apparently, very bitter, stuff near my mouth, I sprayed behind the TV, on all those wires and then around my lamp that she's notorious for knocking over. 


Update? So far so good I guess, she's still getting behind the TV. Currently she's flipping out with this look on her face that screams 'I have to rethink my life, time to get high on catnip'. 


So that's my life today, making sure my cat doesn't hurt herself. I'm going to keep testing this spray stuff and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment