Saturday, September 8, 2012

A little update!

I'm not sure that anyone actually reads this... but either way, it's been a long time since I've updated - at least three months to be exact. My last post talked about me getting engaged, and at that point I was still quite shaken and processing how it even happened! These things happen so fast, after all.

Since we last spoke, I've been wedding planning and going through the stresses a girl takes on when she levels up to "Fiancee" status. Despite not living with my fiance, I've taken on a wife-like persona and seem to be keeping my man in check, wedding budget wise. We don't spend a lot on anything... but at the same time, spend a lot on everything? I don't know. It's very complicated.

Besides engaged bliss(?), things seem to be going well... bliss isn't quite the word I'd use to describe being engaged, actually. It's more of a strange high you get, sort of like... feeling important all the time, even though it isn't all that big of a deal. Mostly, I'm really excited and I get butterflies every so often. I'm happy, but it can be sort of hard to enjoy when you look at the big numbers involved with planning a wedding.

No, really... I'm ecstatic!

In other news, the Mugi baby is doing well. She's earned a new title upgrade (like myself), only she has gone from being the "cute" kitten to being the "paranoid" cat. Yes, she's very paranoid. 

 As you can see by the pictures on the left, she's displayed a new expression that ranges from "I'm smelling something strange" to "Oh for the love of... here come the ghosts!"

I'm not quite sure what she's thinking when this happens, but she most commonly makes this face when she hears suspicious scratching sounds made from nails against carpet, fabric or, inflatable furniture. She's been a great, annoying, lovable, fuzzball so far. Mugi has not made any comments on me getting married, I don't think she realizes just yet that this involves her moving to a very far away land, into a new castle, and acquiring a new brother - his name is George. Fiance is convinced that she will prove to be a challenge for his rather large, ball of orange and white fluff.

I guess we'll see about that! 

Other than these things, nothing amazing has happened. I am still quite the homebody, doing art and watching TV... sending off my computer for repairs. This should be a very... uneventful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment